Hello Folks, Thought you might find this interesting... This from a popular mechanics article located at:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4253991.html But its the Strykers sensors that give U.S. soldiers a real edge against guerrillas on the night missions that are conducted several times a week. Dismounts (i.e. soldiers on foot) have night vision that extends about 330 ft.; MGS crews can see up to 7800 ft. We use thermals to find insurgents, says Sgt. Justin Parrot, an MGS gunner. We report everything we see to the dismounted troops. Adds Collum: I have used thermals to find freshly dug holes, recently driven cars, insurgents placing IEDs. I have also used thermals to tell if a weapon has been fired recently. I thought it was interesting to note. I also thought it was perhaps interesting to note that range limits for the thermal imaging devices both portable and vehicular. That is a factor of x23 of the one over the other. Hal _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
