Eduardo Alvarez wrote: > I was doing a little Gedankenexperiment the other day > using Powers, and after watching Star Wars. I thought > about modelling force powers, and was trying to come > up with the source for them (ie: the force). I thought > to make the force cosmic, given its nature as "an > energy field created by all living things, that > surrounds and penetrates living beings and binds the > galaxy together." It might be a little too powerful, > however. Any thoughts?
It's a little too powerful. Magic is often described as "an energy field created by all living things, that surrounds and penetrates living beings and binds the world together"; that doesn't mean that it's Cosmic. Cosmic should be reserved for such things as "the powers of the gods". Indeed, the Magic source works fairly well as a template for the Force: most of the galaxy is the equivalent of normal mana, but there are some "no mana zone" places, such as the ones attached to those creatures mentioned in the original Timothy Zahn trilogy. -- Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
