You can tell the Winamp Script to ignore titles that have specific key
words:
1. Open Winamp.
2. Press Control+Shift+P.
3. Tab to the Ignore Title Watch Strings edit box.
4. Move to the end of the text and add a new string making sure you put a
comma first. So, for example, if I want to ignore any titles with the word
Jeff, then you would put at the end of the line:
,Jeff
That would resolve this issue for you.
If anyone wants to contribute keywords to ignore then get them to me and
they will appear in the next version.
Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sweet Stephanie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:05 PM
Subject: RE: strange behavior with win amp and beta 3
Actually, it could be a nice feature, the problem is that if you're
listening to a station on-line and it starts to buffer, it'll repeat the
buffering information over and over and over again. If it was just the
track or song change info that it was telling, I wouldn't mind.
Stephanie
March 15, 2007, the day God placed one of his true angels in my life, I am
thankful every day!
At 07:13 PM 9/6/2008, you wrote:
Well I saw this but I thought it was a feature. One man's bug is another
mans feature. So now Jeff that you are going to fix it is there some way
that you can have this do this for those of us who want it? for example I
will play music in the back ground while doing another task. And then I
will use the global keyboard command to switch track or the track ends and
a
new one start it would be nice to hear this information no matter what
window I am in. that is why I thought it was a feature LOL.
Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sweet Stephanie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 3:23 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: strange behavior with winamp and beta 3
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the winamp script or with the
way that beta three interacts with winamp, but here's my issue. In
beta 2, if I was listening to an internet station through winamp, and
the song changed from one track to the next, window-eyes would tell
me what the new track playing was if I happened to be sitting focused
in the winamp window. Now, in beta 3 with the latest winamp script
installed, it reads the track info no matter what window I'm in. So,
if I'm, say, composing an e-mail and listening to a radio station and
the song changes, it'll anounce the new song even if I'm not in the
winamp window. This especially becomes a problem if a station starts
buffering because no matter what window I'm in, I'm told what
buffering percentage it is. Like I said before, I'm not sure if this
is an issue with the script or with the beta or if there's even a way
to fix this to wear it'll only read winamp info if you're actually
focused in that window.
Stephanie
March 15, 2007, the day God placed one of his true angels in my life,
I am thankful every day!
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
can
be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.