Hello,

The field names you assigned  are stored in the .we file of the set file
which was associated with the application. So, if you associated the
application with its own set file, lets say MAS, then the field names are
stored in MAS.we. If so, just open the MAS set file and associate it again.
If you haven't associated it with its own set file, then the field name
definitions were stored in wineyes.we and so maybe overwritten. In the .we
file the field names are in the section [windowSettings]. 

Hth,
  Ralf


Ralf Kefferpuetz
Germany
MSN/Live: [email protected]
Aim: RalfKatEMC
Skype/Yahoo: rkefferpuetz7747


-----Original Message-----
From: Terese Ann Goren [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 5:48 PM
To: GW Micro
Subject: I goofed and need help

Hi All,

I work with a client who has to use Mas 500 for the primary operating
system.  We are slowly making it accessible for him by adding field names
adding to the graphic dictionary and so on.  Yesterday I went in to upgrade
his version of WE from 6.0 to 7.01 hoping the scripting capabilities would
improve our accessibility.  He was suppose to get an upgrade disc however he
instead got a full version.

When I uninstalled the old version of WE as directed by the install disc I
lost a bunch of his field lables!  Oops!  yep I definitely goofed there.  So
I'm hoping you all could help me.  I'm needing to go back in and do a
do-over and I'm just wondering if taking the following steps will help.

1.  If I do a system restore to bring back the old version including it's
settings 2.  Save the WE folder under a new name 3.  Do a removal of version
6.0 and install the later version 4.  integrate the saved folder with the
default WE folder.

I apologize for sucha long post but I'm kind of afraid of which step to take
next.  Thank you all so much for your help.

Terese

Terese Ann Goren
Low Vision Computer Technology Specialist Special Access Computer
Enhancements
1226 harding
Wichita, KS 67208
Phone: 316-304-5228
Fax: 316-686-3489
Email: [email protected]  

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can
be searched through and sorted using the search form at the bottom of the
page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to