Hi,
I tried to send this post to the list yesterday, but it wouldn't go through for some strange reason. So, I copy/pasted it into this message. You'll find it below:

Hello fellow Window-eyes users,
Does anybody know how to select a portion of text within a word 2007 document, and delete (just that particular portion of text alone), without disturbing any other part of the document? In word 2003, with a document opened, I tried selecting text, by holding down the control and shift keys, while pressing right arrow, then pressing the delete key. Doing it this way, worked. But when I tried to do this same thing at school, while I was in a dialogue like looking box, that allows you to type in information to create a cover page, using word 2007, it wouldn't work. Word 2007 wouldn't let me select and delete text in the manner to which I've described above. For those of you who have word 2007, to get to the dialogue box I'm refering to,
do the following:
1. With a blank word 2007 document opened, press alt to bring up the file menu, (sorry, I mean ribbon), I'm not familliar with the jargon this version uses, and press right
arrow until you hear insert.
2. Arrow down, until you hear Window-eyes say something to the effect of "Pages and cover page ETC, ETC," it says a lot of stuff and I can't remember it all right now, but anyway, you press enter on this, and then you'll be placed into a list box sort of menu, that has such things as alphabet, conservitive, ETC, there are fifteen different
choices. I select conservitive.
3. Next, the dialogue like looking box I mentioned above, will come up. When I hit tab once, Window-eyes says, "r1c1 company name." If you press tab again, you'll hear "R1c2 document title" tab a third time, and you'll hear "document sub title" Hope your getting the idea. As you tab through this, typing in whatever you want, you'll eventually come to a field, that asks you to type in the abstract of the document, and it goes on to explain what an abstract is. If an abstract is anything like what I think it is, its sort of like the thesis of the document, where you explain about what your report will be discussing. For the cover page I'm going to be typing for class, this (abstract) is not needed, but I know that if an abstract was required, this is where I'd type it. So, now, here's where things get tricky. I have to get rid of the little paragraph, that talks about what an abstract is. My professor did it, simply by clicking on something with the physical mouse. I've heard that we can use the mouse with Window-eyes, but I'm more (keyboard) oriented. I'd feel more comfortable if I could do this from the keyboard. Any assistance would be appreciated. By the way, somebody mentioned to me something about an audio tutorial regarding the word 2007 ribbon, I think it was KathyAnn. I got the tutorial, but with school and everything else going on, I just haven't had a chance to really sit down and listen to it yet.
Mike
Rochester, NY.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to