Bob, Raul is quite right, but make sure that the message pane is unchecked under the "Layout" menu. If it is not, "shift-tab" may not produce the result that it should.

Craig

On 11/15/2010 7:40 AM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
Hello Bob, for your first issue, when you first open TB, press shift-tab
and your inbox should be focused. I mention this in my TB podcast which
I recorded a few months back. For the second problem, sometimes when you
reply to messages, Browse mode does not turn off the way it's supposed
to. So a work-around for that problem for now is when it happens, press
control-shift-tab, followed by control-tab and you will be placed in the
message compose window again, and things will work.

Many thanks.

On 11/14/2010 8:52 PM, Robert Martin wrote:
Hello,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Thunderbird and I am
running the latest version of Windoweyes.  Since uploading the latest
Thunderbird whenever I open Thunderbird my inbox is not in focus as it
was in earlier versions.  I have to use the mouse keys and click on
inbox and the list of folders then appears and I have to open the inbox
before my messages appear.   I can, of course, do this but it is a
couple of extra steps which I would prefer to avoid.  I have another odd
issue.  When I try to reply to messages I have relatively no problem
with the first message I reply to after opening the inbox but when I try
to reply to subsequent messages I am unable to enter text.  I have to
exit Thunderbird and then reopen it again and bring up the inbox, open
the message and then reply.  Then it works fine until I try to reply to
a second message.   I'm wondering if there is some setting I should
adjust or if this is just a quirk in the latest Thunderbird.  Any
information will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Martin


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to