Hello Nancy. I'm glad you were able to get 7.5 installed without problems. The reason we don't mention the advanced setup options in the audio welcome message is because usually when a user hears this message, he or she is doing a clean install and not using the advanced settings. You will find that if you have Window-Eyes up and running and you run the setup program of the CD, the welcome recorded message does not play. This is because we detect if Window-Eyes is running and so don't play that pre-recorded message. You would then have access to hearing all the menu options because they would be spoken by Window-Eyes.

Hope this helps.

On 4/16/2011 8:23 PM, Nancy B.Gibson wrote:
Thanks to all who offered ideas and help. I was able to remove the WE 7.2 
successfully using the emergency removal tool on the WE 7.5 CD. Then I could 
easily and successfully install my WE 7.5.

Raul, may I suggest that when the Welcome screen comes up and speaks to initiate the install, it include the fact that the "Advanced" 
option is there on that screen. That's partly why I couldn't find it before I had sighted help. The speaker says to press "S," 
"W," "T" or "R" (for their respective tasks) but doesn't speak that the "A" option is there also. 
Consequently, I pressed "S" and went on obviously bypassing it so never did find it. Just a thought.

Nancy

----- Original Message -----
From: Raul A. Gallegos<[email protected]>
To:  [email protected]
Date: Friday, Apr 15, 2011 10:55:23
Subject: Re: Emergency Removal Tool



Hi, if you want to do a clean install, best thing is to wait to have the
7.5 CD. Then insert the CD, and when the setup program runs, press A for
advanced setup, then E for emergency remove, and then alt-y to say yes
you really want to do this. Eventually you will be prompted to reboot.
The same procedure is done even if you have an older CD, but we
recommend using the latest version of the emergency removal tool. Also,
you can just use the normal add/remove feature of Windows to remove
Window-Eyes and in fact, we recommend you using that first before the
emergency remove tool. The following KB article might help with
additional questions.

http://gwmicro.com/kb1060

On 4/14/2011 5:21 PM, Nancy B.Gibson wrote:
Hi List,

I want to remove WE7.2 from my computer so I can do a clean install of WE 7.5. 
It won't uninstall easily and gives me a message about setup.exe being unable 
to run which I assume means the wizard that uninstalls can't continue. I have a 
disk for WE 7.01 which I'm pretty sure has an emergency removal tool on it 
'cause I think I've used it before. It's been a while, though, so where do I go 
on that disk to find it? I will have sighted help but need to know what to tell 
her to do and what to expect will happen.

Thanks much in advance for any help.
Nancy

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
GW Micro Technical Support And Product Specialist
Voice 260-489-3671, Fax 260-489-2608
Web http://www.gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
GW Micro Technical Support And Product Specialist
Voice 260-489-3671, Fax 260-489-2608
Web http://www.gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to