Amen.   

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Kingston [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 11:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: going to a heading that has a link on a webpage

Thanks for a practical example, Sandra. That's what I was trying to point out. 
Headings don't always have a link immediately following them. 
And if our screen-readers made that jump silently we could be missing the data 
we're looking for. So I'm glad that Window-Eyes doesn't work on assumptions 
like someone else said others do. To me assumptions are always a recipe for 
disaster.

Tom


On 1/27/2012 9:44 AM, Sandra Fouts wrote:
> Hi.  I discovered that if you go to www.jennycraig.com,  If  you go in where 
> it says breakfast lunch etc.,  you can get the names of the food by using h 
> for   heading but they're not listed as links.  When they changed the  
> website to this,  it took me a while  to figure this out.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:35 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: going to a heading that has a link on a webpage
>
> Greetings
>
> This is unique to Window-Eyes. Personally I don't mind what appears to be the 
> GW Micro philosophy with respect to what WE reports to us.
>
> WE jumps to the heading which is often not on the same line as the link.
> Sometimes it is visually obvious where the headings are while in other times 
> there is no indication where they are, because of the way the Web page 
> designers used the style sheets.
>
> The other text to speech programs, JFW and SA for example, will move focus to 
> the link when using the assigned hot keys to move by heading.
>
> Personally a major reason why I stick to WE as my primary text to speech 
> software is the fact that it allows me to work in a much closer manner as my 
> sighted co-workers than the other products with which I dabble.
>
> Granted they have come a little closer which might be a result of GW Micro's 
> leadership in that arena. For some this might not be an issue, but for me it 
> is due to the type of work and occasional training sessions I put on or have 
> to  attend.
>
> Vic
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave bahr [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:52 PM
> To: gw-info
> Subject: going to a heading that has a link on a webpage
>
> Hi list,
>
> I'm wondering something. Why, when I press h for the heading on a webpage, 
> does it not go to the link if the page contains a link? Is there some sort of 
> way to just jump to that link instead of pressing the
>
> tab key. Yes, I know, the links list with iinsert tab, but if I'm on a page 
> browsing by heading, as I often am, why can't I just press enter on
>
> the link. Window-eyes reads it, but it's not focused to press enter on.
> Am I making sense?
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to