I think this may be to do with the skype runtime again, because I have noticed 
that sound files over a certain size won't work, and if I remember right, 
standard skype used to only play .wav sounds, and would chuck out any larger 
than 1.5MB that you tried to use. 
so that could be the reason there. 

Simon 


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: David 
  To: [email protected] ; Curtis Delzer 
  Cc: Vinny Samarco ; [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Changing sounds in gw-connect


  Honestly, WHY? What makes it so peculiar on the format, that it cannot even 
accept a stereo sound? Limitations of the system resources? Or, is it due to 
some restrictions in your software code? 

  Well, I am honestly curios, as I have never seen a software, first offering 
the user a chance of choosing his sounds, that would so strictly demand him to 
choose a certain format. Even the ones that insist on Wave formats, would still 
accept mono AND stereo. And, now aday, they usually would accept a long line of 
audio formats. So again, WHY such a narow-minded restriction on the user's 
choice of sound files?

    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Stephen Clower 
    To: Curtis Delzer 
    Cc: Vinny Samarco ; [email protected] 
    Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:32 PM
    Subject: Re: Changing sounds in gw-connect


    Curtis is correct. Keep in mind however that any sound you choose must be 
in 16-bit mono WAVE format.

    Steve



    On 1/28/2012 9:30 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote: 
      You can change the sound to anything you may want.



      At 12:20 PM 1/28/2012, Vinny Samarco wrote:

        Hi,
        I would appreciate it if there might be a choice in the sound  for an 
incomming call, as I already have a phone that sounds the same way.
        Thanks.
        Vinny If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original 
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is 
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to 
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

        GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can 
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.



-- 
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist & App Development
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to