Has anyone ever had the Audible system charge two credits for a single credit 
book? I just had it happen for the second time this week, the first was with a 
new release that it turned out had an error in it that is causing Audible to 
have to go back to the publisher for a new master copy, I thought maybe the 
flaw in the book somehow contributed to the problem, but this second occurrence 
happened with a book that has been in the catalog for a year and that downloads 
and plays fine. So much for that idea. Audible hasn’t given me any problems 
refunding the extra credits and even gave me a $5 credit for my inconvenience 
on the second occurrence, but I would just as soon not encounter the problem 
again. I cannot think of how WE could possibly be involved in such an error, 
but Audible CS insisted that it was at least a possibility, so I thought I 
would go ahead and check on the list for others who had the problem. I was 
using IE 9 64-bit on a Windows 7 64-bit computer with Window Eyes 7.5.2.

I recently noticed that, while the latest release of Firefox still does not 
display items in search results or category lists, cart contents are still 
displayed and auto-downloading is now working again, which it hadn’t been for 
me for some time. I think my solution to the problem is going to be to use IE 
for shopping and browsing while using Firefox for checkout, assuming I don’t 
encounter the problem again doing things that way. I already had this solution 
in mind, but thought I would go ahead and post the issue to the list anyway in 
case somebody else has experienced it and so I can tell Audible that I did 
bring the problem up to the screen reader manufacturer if I ever encounter the 
problem again. Maybe I am being too blasé about dismissing the possibility of 
WE causing the issue, but given how many problems IE has had, I tend to think 
that the blame lies somewhere in that area, or in some change that Audible made 
in the site.

Regards,

Chris
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to