I don't agree entirely that the web is totally inaccessible. Yes there
is certainly room for improvement, but a lot of the time you will find
that it's just the case of the end user not knowing how to use their
screen reader, Window-Eyes in this case, to browse the web effectively.
I'm sorry to bring this up again GW Micro, but it doesn't help that the
browse mode is so old now that it can't cope with the latest web
standards. Just my £0.02 worth.
Christopher Hallsworth
On 26/03/2012 06:52, Peter Wolfe wrote:
Dear fellow Window-Eyes users and sympathizers,
Does anybody know of any groups, indviduals or intedies proposals
or plans on regulating the internet for further accessibility? I'd
appreciate the name of the organization and the websites for such
groups as I'd like to get involved in the group(s). I already know
about the World ide Consortium or W3.org or one of the laziest
probably most corrupt groups with Ean Hicks slagging his feet on
almost everything. I just want to be part of something to e-mail
websites, fill out petitions, or etc that these small groups in one
country or so like the National Federation of the Blind or the
American counsel fothe Blind can only stop one small paradigm at a
time that being superficial andnonaffective. Thanks for any sites you
guys may have as I am tired of the web not being accessible to us. A
side note it is funny how in the U.S that my softwae and internet
companies tend to be liberal wanting to regulate other companies in
energy, but they don't want to help us much if at all.
Thanks,
Peter
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 6997 (20120325) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.