If it's a soundcard issue, muting the soundcard should make it stop.  It
sounds to me like a cooling fan issue, and yes, it could be dangerous to the
netbook.
 
I absolutely agree with Vic (and thanks Vic for this tip, I want a little
really portible (and cheap) notebook, so I'll look at this); I would always
look at these types of laptops over a netbook, which cost almost as much and
which are much slower.
 
 
Chip
 


  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 10:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: acer netbook


Sometimes the buzzing noise can come from the fan. Another cause is the
audio driver, see if you can get an update.
 
The other is caused by the processor over heating. Hard to be more specific
without knowing exactly how the buzz sounds.
 
BTW, if anyone is considering a netbook, HP has an 11 inch laptop which
works very nicely. It doesn't use the Atom processor and has more horse
power and memory than netbooks. It is only an inch or so larger and doesn't
cost much more than a netbook.
 
Runs WE very nicely with Windows 7.
 
The model I know of is an HP DM1-3245CA. The CA must mean only available in
Canada, but I am sure there are other models for outside of Canada that
don't have the bilingual option.
 
It has a 640GB hard drive. Comes with 4 GB of memory which can be expanded
to 8 GB with a total of 2 slots.
 
 


  _____  

From: Sarah Baughn [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 9:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: acer netbook


        I have an Acer netbook, and at times, especially when I have more
than one program running or I've left it on for a while, the thing will just
start buzzing, and I have to do a manual shutdown.  What could be causing
this, and is it dangerous to the computer?-aside from the fact that I
manually shut it off, of course.
Sarah


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to