I've been using AOL since 2002 and I'm not having any of the trouble
you mentioned. I do have trouble with it now and then but it's usually
when AOL is having trouble. I don't get any of the reloading problems
and it works for me just fine. I had a friend help me set it up in 2002
and she found the keystrokes that are important for using AOL so I had
a head start, but now in the email program the keystrokes are listed
and they work for me. Perhaps whatever you're using such as Internet
Explorer doesn't have the right settings. Just a thought and since mine
works well, I have no desire to dig into it looking for settings. I'm
afraid I'll mess it up. The main reason I use AOL is that I'm used to
it and I have a number of things such as elists and subscriptions
assigned to it and I would rather not have to change them and learn a
new system. For someone starting out or looking for a new system, I
don't know as I'd recommend it.

Gail

-----Original Message-----
From: Max G. Swanson <[email protected]>
To: GW-info <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, May 12, 2013 6:19 pm
Subject: A O L:  Worth the Trouble?

Since it's the only Internet provider that's been sued for not being
accessible, thought I'd give it a try.   Setting up an account was
tricky
but doable; now the fun begins.

The worst problem seems to be shifting Web content and constant
downloading, even with Suspend All turned on.  Is there any way to
really
make that suspend command stick?

Might we need a series of apps, each designed to modify browser behavior
for sites like this?  Why does the Suspend command seem not to cut it in
so many instances, AOL being one of many:?

I'm not criticizing as much as looking for some answers.  Thanks for the
same!
--
Seniors of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chained
CPI!  Regards, Max.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your
message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your
message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.



If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to