You can create a custom punctuation dictionary using the character
dictionary.
While within the Window-Eyes control panel open the Help menu with Alt-H
and make sure Advanced settings is checked.
This gives you the ability to set punctuation to program or global scope
and gives you access to the dictionaries node.
As a practical example, here's what I do. I set screen punctuation to
Dictionary only and keyboard punctuation to On because I want to hear
what I type but not most punctuation when I'm reading. These are global
settings.
Next I add what I want to hear when reading to the default Char.chr
character dictionary. How to do this can be found in the manual under
Window-Eyes features, Pronunciation dictionaries, and, The Window-Eyes
control panel, Window-Eyes user interface.
Char.chr is the default character dictionary and with punctuation set to
global and dictionary only it will apply to all programs. If you want
more punctuation pronounced in some programs you can create a program
specific character dictionary.
The same holds true for exception, key label, graphic, and color
dictionaries.
Hth,
Tom
On 4/18/2014 5:21 PM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
Allen
Go to the WE Control Panel. Screen is the first option. Right arrow on
Screen to expand it and then arrow down to punctuation. Tab to through
the four options at left and make the changes you want. You’ll have to
play with which ones turn on what you want, but I think the Textual will
turn on commas and period and Miscellaneous will turn on the at sign..
You’ll find that they also turn on other symbols you probably didn’t
want narrated, so you’ll have to decide the tradeoff. I’d love to see a
custom punctuation menu where you can select which ones you want to hear
and forget the rest.
*From:*Allen Childs [mailto:[email protected]]
*Sent:* Friday, April 18, 2014 2:53 PM
*To:* [email protected]
*Subject:* Turning on punctuation
Hello,
Can someone tell me how to turn on punctuation, such as
periods and other things such as the at sign in e mail addresses.
I hope I explained this alright.
Thanks,
Allen in Iowa
I finally manage to teach my dog to beg. Last night he came home with
fifteen bucks.
This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If
you received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic
or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal
information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or
redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the
services for which you are receiving the information.
127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or
services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:[email protected] with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.