Hi Jim,

Should something happen to the headphones you mention, will they be replaced 
free of charge?  I broke the bands on both my noise cancelling headphones 
and a pair of quiet comfort headphones and they were replaced free of 
charge!  This is certainly something to consider when buying headphones.  I 
doubt this would keep happening if one broke these over and over again but 
If Bose found a design flaw in the head bands or in some other part of the 
headset, I'm certain they would be replaced!  Bose actually repaired an 
acoustic wave unit I once had ten days after the warrantee expired.  I 
didn't pay anything!  I haven't seen other headphone manufacturers back 
their products like this!

Please feel free to write me privately about this if you like.  Tripple A 
batteries aren't hard to find and I keep them with me when I travel.  The 
rechargeable battery in the smaller pair would be more of a challenge!

Thanks for the good info!

Jim Aldrich


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jim Rebman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [GWN] radio


Actually, the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 QuietPoint noise cancelling headphones
are far better, and much cheaper than the Bose offerings.  Shure, Ultimate
Ears, and Etymotic all offer reasonably priced in-ear-monitors that
generally block out more noise than most of the noise cancelling ones and
require no batteries or adjustments.

By far the best deal in portable, high-quality, lightweight (but not noise
cancelling) headphones are the Sennheiser PX-100s that can be had for $49
without much looking.  They come in a hard plastic case that looks like a
glasses case, fold up nicely, are exceptionally comfortable, and sound
extremely good -- far better than any other lightweight set of cans I've
tried, and up with some of the big boys that cost many multiples it's price.
The one I recommend to everybody for just about everything where portable
headphones are appropriate.  Stay away from Sony -- any model, any type.

-- Jim R.



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "James Aldrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [GWN] radio


> The best you can get are the Bose Noise cancelling headphones.  You can
> get
> more info on them by going to:
> http://www.bose.com
> Most pairs of headphones should work fine in either Braille Sense Plus or
> Voice Sense.  The key is the length of the cord which acts as the FM
> antenna!  Sometimes one must coil the cord to get best results.
>
> HTH
>
> Jim Aldrich
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "John Gallagher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:01 PM
> Subject: [GWN] radio
>
>
> Hi list does anyone know of other earphones that work as good or if
> not better with the radio. it is a nice feature.
> thanks.
>
>
>
>


Reply via email to