Posting photos, with a modest amount of explanatory text, seems to me to be what Instagram is made for.

If you are interested in what Instagram can do, you may want to head over to the site, type in some searches, and see what you find. "historicalcostumes" will get some lovely pictures; click on them to see the comments. Also consider typing in the sames of some historical costumers you already know; it's possible they have accounts there.



On 4/23/19 12:23 PM, Nadine Pelikan wrote:
 From the inside out: combinations, a mock up of a circa 1860s corset, small 
bustle pad and a circa 1880s ruffled petticoat, all topped of with 4 hats from 
different eras!

I wonder if Instagram would be a good place to post pics of costumes and works 
in progress. I have no intention of joining Facebook and often have trouble 
with Pinterest  photos being too small to clearly see details.  I can, however, 
view most images on Instagram even without being a member.

So, Cin, what's on your dressmakers dummy?

Nadine Pelikan
--------------------------------------------
On Mon, 4/22/19, Cin <[email protected]> wrote:

  Subject: Re: [h-cost] This list (was: Munksgaard?)
  To: "Historical Costume" <[email protected]>
  Date: Monday, April 22, 2019, 6:05 PM
Well, in that case: What's on
  your dressmaker's dummy today?
  --cin
  Cynthia Barnes
  [email protected]
On 4/22/2019 3:53 PM, [email protected]
  wrote:
  > > Maybe we should come back.
  I'm kind of sick of Farcebook.
  > >
  Lauren
  > voice: (314) 439-1222
  > Life is just a bowl of queries.
  >
  _______________________________________________
  > h-costume mailing list
  > [email protected]
  > https://indra.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/h-costume
  >
  _______________________________________________
  h-costume mailing list
  [email protected]
  https://indra.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/h-costume
_______________________________________________
h-costume mailing list
[email protected]
https://indra.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/h-costume



--
Catherine Olanich Raymond
[email protected]
(610) 805-9542

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
Benjamin Franklin

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail message and any documents accompanying this e-mail
transmission contain confidential and/or legally privileged information
The information contained herein is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named on the e-mail message.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or
distribution of this information or the taking of any action in reliance
on the contents of this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender
advising of the error and delete the message and any accompanying
documents from your system immediately.  Thank you.
_______________________________________________
h-costume mailing list
[email protected]
https://indra.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/h-costume

Reply via email to