Charlene Charette wrote:

My understanding is (and it may be flawed of course) is that "T-tunic" has traditionally referred to the fold over cut and sew up the side, but otherwise unconstructed sort of tunic. When you start attaching sleeves, or sticking in gores, you are making a constructed garment.

Pesonally, I'm not thrilled with the term T-tunic in the first place, but whatever.

People here practically use "t-tunic" as a techinical term. It means "a basic tunic with a rectangular front and back, unshaped sleeve heads, small square gussets at the armpit and two-piece gores in the side-seam." Great shorthand when you want to use that as a starting pount for descriding something -- ie, "it's just like a t-tunic only it has additional gores at the cente front and back" etc.

--
Adele de Maisieres