As for "Queen Margot," I had more trouble with the improbability of the plot. When Clarissa is down to her corset there are some points being made about eroticism and vulnerability--but that doesn't mean every costume in the film is bad.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

C'mon! I'm sure Suzi would have been more OK with an incorrectly cut chemise rather than none. Accuracy or not, a chemise is better than none. They wore chemises in "Quills" and "Sleepy Hollow" fer christ sake!

Remember "Queen Margot"? Not a chemise in sight! Ruined the costumes, I think. That and the fact each gown was the same pattern in different [fantastic] fabrics.