Carol,

Williamsburg: Colonial dress (Goof-ball that is where I met you! Remember my missing night-gown!) I remember seeing you dressed to the T for a dance with patches on your bosom! And what a handsome dandy your husband was! I always think of you two in costume as Mr. & Mrs. Williamsburg!

Jamestown: (400 years celebration soon)

All those Civil War Battlefields/Forts and the soldier reenactors.

Natchez, MS and Bellegrath Gardens (down the road from Susan"s home) Azalea Trail Maids. (I just see Albert Cat grit his teeth. I remember that very old thread on the list.)

Maymont and the Dooley Mansion in Richmond, Virginia. The 1890s and early 1900s Victorian Days. Carol, remember the Victorian picnic on the mansion's lawn for Costume Society's National Symposium. I loved the gentlemen and ladies playing croquet in their summer white costumes.

As for New Orleans, I loved the men in their Southern gentlemen attire who were driving the carriages around the French Quarter. Susan and I had the time of our life doing that one night.

Another New Orleans one, the groups dressed in costumes, all black capes and in Goth makeup, doing the Vampires tours around the French Quarters are night. What a hoot!

My all time favorite costumes at N.O. Mardi Gras, a brother and sister dressed as ghosts coming out of graves. I have a photo of them that I have been searching for years for. An honorable mention, Duck Hunt, I have a photo of him... http://www.onlinecostumeball.com/1998/Guest5.htm he is one the first row. How creative! BTW, Robin you wrote me that your photo wasn't working on the online Ball just before I went on vacation. Can you please tell me the Ball year and the page number.

Penny E. Ladnier
Owner,
The Costume Gallery, www.costumegallery.com
Costume Classroom, www.costumeclassroom.com