----- Original Message ----- From: "Wanda Pease" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 4:28 PM
Subject: RE: [h-cost] New to me Eleonora of Toledo

Pardon me if this looks patronizing. It isn't. I am putting these down as I
try it out, hoping it works.  I should have done it this way in the first
place instead of plastering that ridiculous URL in my message (it was late -
hangs head)

Go to http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/index.html

go to Digital Collection
http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/fcgi-bin/db2www/browse.mac/category?selLang=E
nglish

Choose Paintings beside the search box. Then click Browse by Artist.  Go
down the list until you see Allori, Allesandro. There are two pictures and
Eleonora is the lady in peacock blue with her hair very close to her head.
You can put in Allori in the Quick search box but that brings up a number of
works in other media that aren't necessarily relevant.>>

I found it easily by searching for "Eleanor".

Dianne