I don't know what you think is interesting . . .

A couple good eBay sellers of "gypsy" skirts are aonneo (the Thai seller; very cheap and great service) and funtique-23 (in California). Tons of other people sell them there though. China-usa (actually also in California) sells lovely Victorianish hand-crocheted things, very high quality, at good prices. Don't overbid, they are a manufacturer and have more of almost everything in stock. For embroidered kebayas, you can search "kebaya" on eBay and sometimes find a couple, but I got mine from www.kebayas.com, who is not on ebay and says she has no plans to sell there. She will custom size her ready-to-wear to some extent (they're not quite RTW, I think she may pre-embroider them but she sews them after you order), and she will send fabric swatches. Which you will need because her web pictures have little to do with her fabric colors. http://www.charitysalesonline.org is a company in Nepal that sells hand-loomed (knitting machine, I think) cashmere ponchos. They knit them in white and will dye them any color you want. You can get several at a lower price and get one color of each. Meaning you can go in with some friends, or have a bunch of ponchos if you want. They will send you color swatches too, but they charge for them. Peruvian alpaca ones are cheaper and there are lots on eBay, you can just do a search. You can buy embroidered Indian kurtas and other Indian clothes all over the place, including lots on eBay, but the quality varies from great to awful. http://www.shalincraft.com, who sells on Amazon apparel but not eBay as far as I know, has good quality in my experience. A good online seller of "wearable art" is www.artfulwears.com. Some of their stuff is RTW but a lot of it appears to be handmade, limited-edition items. For vintage and antique clothes on eBay, your best bet is to get into (for example) clothing/vintage/women/1920s, or whatever subcategory interests you, and browse. Unless you're looking for something really specific. Then you can get into the category and search on (for example) "black velvet jacket."

Hope this helps.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Hi fran, could you tell me what you search for on ebay to find interesting stuff? thanks, Kitty