----- Original Message ----- From: "Branwyn Maura" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
My mother always used to swear by her old-fashioned
Fuller-brush carpet sweeper (and we kept my child's
version for an extra decade for the same reason).

Thanks all, for the responses--I still hope to hear more reviews if anyone's got 'em, but, OHYEAH, carpet sweepers! A year or two back it came to me that those would be the solution, but then I forgot all about them. Thanks, Maura! I'm still going to replace my vacuum with one that can handle thread at some point, but for now I'm going with that.

I had wondered if they still made em (the one I used as a child was at least 40 or 50 years old) so it's very good to know that they do. And hey, how often do we get to buy something that can last half a century, nowadays?

-E House