Hi Marc, here is a bookmark for some of the emails I was referring to. http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~fashion/archives/hcos01/hcos03.cl Sometimes it is easier to "google" the web for what you are looking for and include h-cost too. This allows you to search the body if the email as well as the subject, which in this case didn't contain any of the terms you were looking for.

Hope that helps.....at least this gets you somewhere close to the thread (the discussion....not the hairs!). I didn't read it thoroughly, so I don't know if there was much helpful in it.

Sg

Mac Carlson wrote:

I would be surprised if it hadn't been previously discussed, but couldn't find anything in the archives for Byssus, Bissus, Sea silk, seasilk, etc. I even tried fish wool. I'm open for suggestions on key words to try.

Marc