> http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/ballgown.jpg
>
> Here's what I like/don't like/plan to do differently next time:
> 1) Fabric: I always tell myself not to get sucked in to fabrics that
> aren't authentic looking just because you liek them. I didn't heed
> myself this time: I absolutely fell in love with the fabric. It's an
> embroidered sheer. The colors/pattern would do better for an early 20thc
> entury dress, but I couldn't resist. sigh.

Aw, it's so pretty though:) And you know, if you have more of the shantung,
you could rework it to be 1910s if you ever wanted to:)

> But generally, I'm pretty happy with it! I also made a white day gown
> that's a much closer replica of an 1815 gown in Bradfield but no pics yet.

Can't wait to see them:) I'm hoping to use some woven striped fabrics for an
elbow length sleeved day dress from this period:)

> Next up: for the holidays, another ball gown, probably a taffeta, late
> teens-early 20's, solid color with piping details.

Excellent:)

michaela de bruce
http://glittersweet.com