On Wednesday 09 November 2005 5:49 pm, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:
> Sorry, the source makes it obvious that they know knit from crochet.. and
> that they make it clear that they are talking about two different
> techniques. This is the NESAT (Northern European Society of Archaeological
> Textiles). This is a peer reviewed scholarly journal... they are extremely
> well versed in textiles.
[snip]

Speaking of the NESAT, the same Polish archaelogical institute that published
NESAT 8 is the publisher of Irena Turnau's history of knitting.  It costs, I
believe, 19 Euros and you can order it from them.  Shipping is 6 Euros
(because they ship by the Polish equivalent of book rate) and it thus takes
about 2 months to get to the US, but the book seems well worth the money.
I'm thinking about ordering it eventually.

I cannot find the institute's catalog right now, otherwise I'd post the ISBN
and other information about it.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Physics is like sex; sure, it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it."--Richard Feynman