> Diana Habra wrote:
>>>Day dress
>>>http://www.vintagetextile.com/new_page_537.htm
>> >
>> Wow!  I got lost on this site for about an hour.  And 100 pages of
>> printer
>
> Yes, isn't that a wonderful site! I also found this one quite helpful:
> http://demode.tweedlebop.com/realvict/

The main thing that I liked about the site was that it had *many* detailed
pictures of the same garment.  Often an extant garment will be pictured
but usually only the whole front (and maybe the back) will be shown.  And
I haven't seen any of the museum sites offer a look at a gown or outfit
unfastened so that we can see how it really works.  That was what I liked
the most :~>

> Seeing the construction details are marvelous. One thing I did find
> challenging about these "extant gown" sites, though: very often they
> display the clothes on modern mannequins or dress forms. It gives one an
> improper impression of how the gown should hang, usually because the
> bust is lower and shaped differently than a corseted figure. Just
> something to take into account when making the gown...

I totally agree with you on this however I am fairly familiar with how
these styles should look already so it wasn't too much of a problem for
me.

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"