Muppet Fur is what I call the currently popular Acrylic furlike fiber.
 Some folks call it Teddy Bear, some folks call it eyelash.
LONG URL...  but this gives the texture.  The lining I used is in black.
Got the fabric for a steal from my local shop.
The texture approximates the look in the portrait, and seeing as this
project was just for fun,  I went with the Muppet.  :>

http://www.fabric.com/Webdata/Product/d4ebf93b-829b-405c-b49d-68a951920948/Images/Medium_AK-781.jpg

Mari