From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Catherine Kinsey
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] Re: Question about display...

Now, my questions are, am I correct in my understanding that vintage
clothes
should be displayed flat, and not to clean them  (We've got the whole -
no
UV thing covered already)?

And is there anything I'm not thinking about?

Marc
My only experience with this is a small local museum but they regularly
vacuum their costume pieces, which are stored flat in acid-free tissue
and boxes.  For display, they are mounted on padded maneguins or forms,
occasionally laid across a bed or something like that.  A lot of the
choice on how to display depended on the condition of the garment.  They
try to rotate their displays several times a year but that depends on
staff/volunteer availability.

Good luck :).
Catherine