To all who were interested. The Museum of London allows photography in certain galleries, but not, of course, in the Medieval Gallery, which is what I had asked about. I "might" have been able to sneak a couple, but as I am a regular, I don't want to cause waves, and get told I cannot see stuff when I want to.

So, I have a very bad drawing done of the stocking foot - bad as I don't understand what I was drawing - I don't knit stockings any more and have forgot all I knew. Anyone who wants a copy, please mail me off list, and I will scan and send.

Incidentally, because of the angle of the cases when I tried to get an idea of size of the mitten, I could only get an approximation. It is roughly 4.5" from top to bottom, the vest is roughly 16" from shoulder to hem. Would you believe I forgot to measure the stocking foot?

Suzi