From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kate Pinner
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:29 AM
To: 'Historical Costume'
Subject: RE: [h-cost] sergers-Juki?

What about Juki?

Kate

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of kim baird
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:57 AM
To: 'Historical Costume'
Subject: [h-cost] sergers

Interesting  thread on the history of overlock machines.

I can probably save you some effort in the Husqvarna department--as far
as I know, sergers are not manufactured by sewing machine companies.
They are all made in various factories in China, Korea, and perhaps
Japan.

When you buy a serger labelled Singer or Viking or Bernina, whatever, it
has been made NOT in their facotry, but to their specifications by one
of the serger manufacturers.

Kim (ex-sewing machine and serger dealer)