Hi, just want to warn others - I got this message tonight - I did not realise I was spamming. What are your thoughts? I make Regency dresses for sale.
Thanks, Aylwen Garden

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        eBay Listing Removed: Keyword Spamming (=LS &7193 JM5023424)
Date:   Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:22:44 PST
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear cottager87,

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following multiple item
listing(s):

8359259226 - Regency Dress: Jane Austen 1800s Pride  Prejudice Gown

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Keyword Spamming policy and
has been removed from eBay.  We have credited all associated fees to your
account and notified eBay users associated with the transaction that it has
been cancelled.

 We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your
listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

In Title:
Jane Austen 1800s Pride & Prejudice

Keyword spamming is not permitted on eBay.  This typically occurs when members
place brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a title or description for
the purpose of gaining attention or diverting members to a listing.

* Use of Brand Names: Our policy does not permit members to include any brand
names in the listing title other than the specific brand name used by the
company that manufactured or produced the item being offered in the listing.

* Custom-made items: Although an item may be fabricated to visually match a
specific product line of a recognized brand name, members are not permitted to
include the name of the product line, or the related brand name in the listing
title.

* Use of Celebrity or Artist Names:   At present, our policy does not permit
members to include celebrity names, or the names of artists, authors, or other
known figures in the listing title other than the specific celebrity or known
figure that has created, written or officially endorsed the item being offered
in the listing.  From the perspective of our policy, celebrity names are
treated as being synonymous with brand names.

This means that although a celebrity may have worn a similar item, or made such an item popular in current pop-culture, members are not permitted to use the names of these celebrities or known figures in the listing title.
Our policy permits a seller to use *one* name as a comparison within the
subtitle or description section of the listing.
For more information on Keyword Spamming visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of
eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account
suspension.

Please review eBay's Listing Policies and User Agreement at the following
locations:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html
 http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

For more information on why eBay removes multiple item listings, or to write to
us with questions, please review the following Web page:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/listing-ended.html

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety