I didn't really get any costume-related holiday gifts. I got a lovely little 1906 how-to book on book binding, including how to make all those period-pattern marbleized papers. I'm also getting new glasses, which I'm having put into frames that are much more period-looking than the ones I have now. But nothing any more costume-related than that.

I got a mysterious envelope with many cancelled stamps, for my collection, and two skeins of really interesting thread suitable for either doll hair or for making small crochet pouches with. Was that the secret Santa gift to me?

I did finally get the Secret Santa gift I owed mailed today, to someone in Erie, PA, who says she likes non-usual SCA costumes. I hope she doesn't have anything like this...

       CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
         www.FunStuft.com

             //// \\\