Hello all-
I'm sending this post to literally everyone in my email address book,
(most especially the h-costume list.)   At a minimum, it will serve as
a sad reminder to never leave anything of value in your car even if
you're too tired to take it inside after the event.

One of my sewing buddies, Toni Whyte (SCA Genevieve de Vendome), had
her beautiful Elizabethan 12th Night costume and jewelry was STOLEN
from her car in front of my friends' house in Fremont, Calif last
night.

Below is a detailed list of the missing items which are of great
sentimental value (not to mention a lot of work on the part of many
SCA artisans).  Several pictures are also posted online at:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hysteria95126/my_photos
The album is "Stolen gown belongs to Toni aka Genevieve."

Please cross post his missive to any and all lists that you can think
of in hopes of locating the stolen items; with only six degrees of
separation, hopefully someone somewhere will see these if & when they
surface. (It's already gone to several SF-SJ-Oakland area SCA groups.)

If anyone hears or sees anything resembling these at pawn shops /
antique stores / clothing resale shops / email lists/ ebay, please let
me know: rachael DOT keish AT gmail DOT com.  I'm offering a reward
for the gowns and pendants, no questions asked, just to try and
recover them.

Sincerely,
Marguerite du Royon
AKA Rachael Keish
(and Cynthia Barnes  [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Stolen item descriptions:
- A custom made rennaissance-type pendant of 22 kt. gold, emeralds,
and a black baroque pearl. Piece is a dolphin being ridden by a
sea-nymph. Black baroque pearl forms the dolphin's head, and the
dolphin is suspended from a green emerald pin by two chains.  An
emerald dangled also below the dolphin.

-  Laurel's medallion pendant in a renaissance style. Cloisonnee, with
a background of gold with a green laurel wreath, within a silver
frame. The laurel pendant is suspended from a pin by two chains, and
three freshwater pearls dangle from the bottom of it.

- Custom-made 16th Century Elizabethan gown, with hoop skirt and
corset. White brocade, with gold trim.  Sleeves are made of strips of
brocade with gold trim, that have white silk organza puffs between 2
kinds of buttons.

- The matching gold pill-box-type round hat has embroidery and pearls
around the sides, and a red cross of toulouse embroidered on top.

- Custom-made red velveteen open gown/ropa/overgown with gold silk
lining. Short rounded sleeves, made of crossed-strapwork trimmed in
red and gold braid, with white silk-organza puffs showing through. The
collar shows the gold lining and has two red Cross of Toulouse
embroidered on it at each corner.

- Ruby cabuchon earrings, with three seed-pearls.

- Costume jewelry set of necklace, bracelet, and earrings. Gold plate
with red marquis shaped stones.

(If you're in the 'hood & can lend a hand, thanks for the help.  And
if you're too far away to help, go ahead and look at the pictures
anyway. Toni's workmanship is quite something.)
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]