Good evening all,
Many of the costumers out there will already have heard about Am I Period or Not but recently the flow of new photo submissions has slowed to a trickle, so for those who have never heard of it or those who have new photos (or even new outfits) please consider submitting a photo of your work and enjoy the virtual adulation of people all across the globe. Those who have a new outfit for 12th night celebrations remember to take a camera with you and ask somebody to get your photo. If you have a photo of a costume you have made, from any period of history, please consider submitting it to Am I Period Or Not (aka AIPON) http://au.geocities.com/amiperiodornot/. The 16th century costumers still seem to be the most productive set (with more photos submitted than any other era), with the 19th century a close second. But there are so many other styles out there and it would be fabulous if we could see what costumers have been doing in all eras (even ones that never really existed like Lord of the Rings) Please pass this on to anybody you think would be interested, after all it's much quicker and simpler to email a photo to us (see http://au.geocities.com/amiperiodornot/photos.htm for submission rules) than setting up your own webpage (even if you do have your own webpage you can always put photos of your work on AIPON and include a link to your webpage for more info).
If you are unfamiliar with the concept here's a brief summary: People send
in photos of the historical costumes they've made, the photos are loaded
onto a website where people can view them, vote on how period accurate they
are and leave comments. While the original site was for pre 1600 costume only The New Am I Period Or Not website covers the fashions of any era you like, from the first civilisations to the day before yesterday (plus imaginary eras). I hope to see a flood of new and interesting photos in response to this email.
Elizabeth