Hey Kristin,

  First, take a deep breath,  Then decide what direction you want, or even
think you might want to go in.  This will help you make your boning and pattern
decisions.

  Just for the pleasure of doing it?  Only wearing it once a year, indoors in
air conditioning?  Don't need much support?  Plastic boning is probably OK,
  Wearing it all day, all weekend at a reenactment?  Working and bending in it
doing laundry at a museum site?  A little more bosom to support?  All your
friends are hyper authenic?  Different choices.

  I saw you are in PA.  Where?  Some of the 18 cent reenactor folks run
workshops in that NY/PA/MD area.  Being in NC, I'm too far away to take
advantage of them, but they might fit your ticket.

  Your e-friend MIa in Far off Charlotte, NC