Thanks for all the tips and advice. I've made a good start on darning the holes. Some of the small darns are practically invisible. kelly, I could send you a ball of(sob sob) hand spun yarn full of moths to put in with your riding habit but I think there may be some laws about sending insects abroad! The discovery of the moths in my knitting wools was rather upsetting. On the plus side my home now smells lovely as i've made a load of pommanders which I hope will keep the moths away.

thanks Joan, I developed type two diabetes and discovered that by controlling it with diet I started to loose weight. But I miss chocolate and biscuits soooooo much.
regards
Joy