>>I got to playing around with the search engine, and found this
>>interesting gown, from the House of Worth.
>>http://tinyurl.com/92mz4

>I have a fashion print showing "historical" outfits for a fancy dress
>(costume) ball in the 1880s.  It's hilarious from a costumer's
>viewpoint.  Imagine Mary Queen of Scots with an 1880s shape. :-D  Very funny.

I have several fancy dress fashion plates, too. My personal favorite
is the "kimono" set of curraise gowns entitled "Receiving in the
Japanese Room" (peterson's 1879).  The dolmans are a marvelous combo
of geisha & victorian.  It's so well loved it's on my wall in the
dining room.

At the Pitti Palace in Florence, there was a small collection on
display of 19th repros of earlier styles.  I loved the 1840s(?)
version of 15th c Florentine.  It's in the Galleria di Costume
catalogs.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]