>I think some of you might have misunderstanded my explanations to this.
>I was not reffering to the movie picture costumes, but the cavallier style
>fashion for women. With the high waists.
>The reason why i want the bumroll to be laced to a bodice is that the dress
>waistline is so high over the natural waistline, that it simply couldnt be
>tied arround so high, without slipping down emediately.

>Bjarne

I think I understood just fine.  My Stuart gown is suitably high
waisted. With my bumme sitting on my hips, the 4" (10cm) diameter
bumme raises my waist considerably. There are only 6" betw my waist
line and corseted bustline.  Perhaps the lovely ladies that you dress
are much taller & long-waisted than I.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]