the flour sack towels available at walmart, etc are actually just basic muslin. if you ask for cotton muslin at the fabric area you will have a similar stuff.

The osnaburg I was given when I asked for it one place was a light weight twill, which I love for pillows, but I've heard on other lists that osnaburg is a heavy weight coarse muslin or plain weave fabric but between muslin and burlap in weight and coarseness. FWIW, Kitty

otsisto wrote:
The osnaberg is stiff because of the sizing in the material. It loosens and
soften up after you wash it.
I do not think that osnaberg is equivalent to flour sack material but this
is isn't based on anything solid.

De