Unfortionally original hats are much cheaper than new hats.
If we want a new hat it will kost us at least tree times as much and we
can't afford that.
They only cheaper hats I could find were felt one size fits none hats.
He wil wear it probably once a year. And I think more people can endjoy
the hat while he is wearing it with his costume than when we have it at
home in a box.

Greetings,
      Deredere