At 07:26 03/03/2006, you wrote:
Okay ladies... how many of you have had hot flashes and found that your hand fans are your new best friend?

I have been collecting hands fans for the past 10 years. They had only come out of the drawer in the summertime when sitting by the pool. Now with the hot flashes, I carry them with me everywhere. I have one in every room of my house. And I can color coordinate them with my outfits? Maybe a new trend for us going through the change!

You and me both Penny! I carry a little Chinese folding fan in my very small purse/handbag all the time. I pay 50p for them and buy them by the dozen, as they break, but I'd rather use them than my "good" collection of fans, which I had a habit of losing.

Suzi