Hey there, Folk,
Have you seen the latest Piecework, yet? "Garden Embroidery" with snippets of
a stomacher and an Eliza. purse, plus a lovely coverlet all in florals.  There
is also a presentation of Stumpwork with instructions and a project.  Knit
cuffs that might be useful for the reinactor,and a wonderful 'penny rug' for
contemplation by the 19th C, folk.  There is also an article on collecting and
caring for household textiles (including a handful of 'naughty pincushions'
that I have not seen before).  And finally, a calendar of textile events and
shows from around the country.
Now there is a summer vacation to think about...
Alas, now to make it through April Fool's Day, which I will be celebrating  up
in West Moreland Cty (Pa.) presenting "Baubles, Bangles, and Beads", another
vintage/antique fashion show for a fundraiser for a service club scholarship
program. I will be trotting our some of my beaded and fancy clothes one more
time...

Kathleen