I was thinking shoulder strap too...It sound like you may have to unpick the strap seam, and take up the front shoulder at an angle from it's original, not touching the original back shoulder seam. You may also want to interline the bodice with your interlining cut so the shoulder strap is on the straight of grain.

Kelly

On 3/3/06, Cin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi, I'm making an 1865-70 bodice (first bustle era) starting from the
Truly Victorian ball bodice pattern, and I'm having trouble with the
fit around the armholes -- there's a horizontal stress line about
1/2" above the bottom of the armhole (right at the top of my corset)
it extends about 3" into the bust,

Yet another possible cause, the shoulder strap wants to lie slightly
outside or inside of where it was designed to go. You may have to
release the side & CB seams, then pivot or slide the section until the
straps lie right.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]