Are you overlapping the seams or are you sewing the right sides
together and then turning them over?

I have a one sheet example of stitches used through the periods for
gloves that I can share with you. It is from observational research
as I am not able to go to the various overseas museums that have the
gloves.

One local university recently obtained some gloves that they want me
to come over the catalog for them. I am hoping some are from the
Elizabethan era. :)

Chiara

On Thu, March 9, 2006 9:39 am, Bjarne og Leif Drews said:
> Hi,
> I am working on making mitts with floral embroidery. I use a pattern
> from
> Williamsburg. Made a muck up wich fits my hand very nicely, i have
> small
> hands, so i guess they would fit a woman two. My question is wich
> stitches
> do you use to make these? And is the lining made seperate and
> assembled
> later, or do you make the lining same time as the outer layer? The
> thumb
> must be difficult to assemble and the stitches must be very strong,
> but wich
> stitches?
>

> Bjarne
>

> Leif og Bjarne Drews