> Hey all,
>
> I am thinking of getting a movie, A Man For All Seasons
> (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060665/), to watch while I am working on my
> Henrician gown. Our Henry VIII faires are often set during the marriage
> question. But I have never seen the movie. Is it worth getting? How is the
> storyline? How good/bad are the costumes? Is my money better spent on a
> different movie of a similar time frame?

One of my early favorites is "Anne of the Thousand Days".  The costumes
are pretty good, the story is entertaining if it isn't strictly true.

This has been a favorite of mine for years.  Then I tried to watch "A Man
for All Seasons" and didn't like it much.

Another great Tudor style movie is "Lady Jane".  AWESOME costumes if not a
little later than you are portraying.  Early Helena Bonham Carter and Cary
Elwes.  Also has Patrick Stewart.

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"

"Become the change you want to see in the world."
--Ghandi