At 02:33 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:

Does anyone know where an American friend can buy a steam iron with a separate reservoir in the U.S. She says she has not been able to find one. Also, if there is a source, any recommendations as to brand. I have a Tefal bought here in the U.K. and it *loves* ironing linen (which is more than I do!)

Suzi (who really needs to find a new job - I hate ironing, and I hate machining!!)

I have heard of Euro-Pro and Rowenta that carries a separate tank. I plan on getting the Rowenta, as I have heard better reviews on that particular brand from a few of my friends and fiber arts teachers.

Doing a google search, I am finding two different model numbers:
ROWENTA DG-980 Expert Steam Generator
Rowenta DG-580 Steam Generator ("Does not have the removable water tank for refilling while ironing like the Rowenta DG-980 does.")

Looking at Allbrands site, they have several different steam irons with tanks at different price marks and quality, from home use to pro use.
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abc0083.html

hth,

Kimiko