In a message dated 4/24/2006 2:00:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

AMEN!
Kathleen

> Hahahahaha....that's science  fiction! Anything's better that the original!
> [I'm  teasing!]
**********************

Now I must be fare and admit the sinking of the ship was amazingly done and
very exciting. But the damn PLOT keep interfering and getting in the way!

To keep on subject: I hate most the costumes in Titanic. I don't think the
designer understood the period at all. Some of the gowns [especially the
mother's] look real and are fine. And the hats are great. But Rose's costumes
were
awful. Thank God everyone's stopped making that boring red "jump" dress for
prom night! And I love the image of fluttering silk as they run through the
engine room, but the dress has little to do with the period. And that clunky
yellow thing she wears topside which looks like it had puffer paint on it. The
opening hat was fantastic; the suit, with the switcheroo stripe details
looked  like a high school design. Ever her corset was wrong.

If you want to see how Rose, a wealthy young avant garde, should've  been
dressed, I suggest a film that came out about the same time: "Wings of the
Dove". The delicious Charlotte Rampling runs around in hostess pajamas and a
turban. The two girls on holiday in Venice wear Fortuni gowns and kimono style
overtunics in Art Nouveau printed velvets. And the colors! It's just  perfect.
One of Sandy Powell's best!

Good flick too.