Oh, on marking technique: Realistically, I know they probably didn't
measure. I've stopped using numeric measurements for almost every part of
my fitted dress construction, and I think I'm at about the point where I
don't need to measure eyelets either. I imagine the medieval seamstress
spaced eyelets with her finger or thumb, all the way down the row.
--Robin

Dang! I needed this last night. I put the "eyelets" into a GFD by carefully measuring 1" increments and off set with 1/2". Thumb would have been easier. I made tiny machine buttonholes. The dress is needed Saturday. Guess it's not an arts project <G>. Julie