It looks like I will be helping a local community theater costume
Moliere's The Miser.  I've worked with this director once before, he
would like a period look and respects my attempts to be as authentic as
possible for the chosen era (18thC)  That being said, since I will be
relying on family members of the cast for some of the costume
construction I will probably be resorting to some of Butterick's
patterns (#4315 &4317) to get these made.

Sooooo, I would like to try to get the fabric as authentic as possible.
 My 'eye' however is more trained for 16th C and earlier.  Does anyone
have suggestions for a couple of books I could use to browse through to
get a feel for fabrics and patterns for this era?

Thanks,
Catherine