Where do you live? I help a friend of mine when she's doing shows, and I
don't mind the plain stuff.
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Carmen Beaudry
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 5:05 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] In an ideal "sewing" world..............

My biggest daydream is to have someone to do the plain sewing.  I love the
designing, the research, the patterning and even the initial cutting and
testing a garment.  After I have it figured out, I don't want to do the
sewing.  I love the finishing, especially fine details, but I'd love to have

someone to do the boring parts.

I am actually looking into working with one of the local trade schools to
have a student on an internship to do this.  There are certain tax breaks
for their wages, and some other benefits, as well as getting the work done.
I think I might be able to swing this next year.

Other than that, I want a bigger studio, or perhaps a separate room for the
cutting, since my current studio handles the rest just fine.

Oh, and the fibromyalgia and arthritis could go away, too.

Melusine